CIAO recognises its services impact on the environment through consumption of energy/other non-sustaining resources and that the disposal of its waste products and emissions contribute to pollution. Therefore CIAO is committed to reducing this impact through good planning and environmental management.
CIAO’s policy is to:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and industry codes of practice.
- Seek to reduce environmental impact and prevent pollution by its activities.
- Use energy efficiently.
- Reduce and recovery of waste as opposed to disposal where feasible.
- Ensure that all customers, associates and volunteers are aware of this commitment and of their environmental responsibilities.
CIAO will achieve these aims as follows:
- Recycling waste paper.
- Recycling used printing materials such as toner cartridges.
- Purchasing goods made from recycled materials as far as possible and financially sensible.
- Encouraging the efficient use of energy e.g. switching off lighting when rooms are not in use and equipment when not being used.
- Our associates and volunteers are encouraged, where practicable, to walk or use public transport instead of motor vehicles whilst at work and to reduce the number and distance of journeys where possible.