Finance Administration Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Hours: 32 per month to be worked flexibly
Pay: £13 – £15 per hour on a self-employed basis
To support our ambition to give everyone in the criminal justice system, or at risk of offending, access to life coaching we’re looking for a dynamic and flexible administrator. You’ll need a good working knowledge of accounting practices, strong Microsoft Excel skills and be highly organised.
The role is approximately one day per week and tasks and workload will vary according to the phase in the month. For this reason we’re looking for someone who’s highly autonomous and can work flexibly to meet demand. You’ll be home based and need a suitable home office set up. The role may be worked flexibly around other commitments on a self-employed basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to enjoy a wide and varied role, which adds real value to the organisation and may be shaped to grow as CIAO develops further.
- Recording financial transactions and coding to projects
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Completion of VAT return
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Chasing outstanding invoices by phone and email
- Designing and maintaining Excel data collection records for service delivery
- Maintaining training records for staff and coaches
- Liaising with CEO to send out communications to trustees, coaches and friends of CIAO
- Proof reading and contributing to internal communications
- Organising and booking venues for development events for coaches
- Issuing letters of agreement to coaches and maintaining accurate records of these
- Other administrative tasks as agreed with the CEO.
As the organisation develops the role may evolve. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to try new things and will ask for help when they need it.
Please apply by sending your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance Administrator as the subject.
Closing date: midnight 3rd Feb 2019.